Monday, November 12, 2007

Children's Church

Back in June the responsibility of children's church was shifted and given to me to organize. Which was fine with me. instead of teaching every Sunday I had a list of volunteers(God bless em) that rotated out every week and taught them. Yesterday was my turn on the list and I forget how enjoyable it is to teach the young ones. Their faces are vivid in my memory as I recall the facial expressions they give when they don't comprehend or when they do. Children are brutally honest as well. I believe anyone desiring to teach should start out with children, because of these reasons. It will require you to explain your teaching in a relative manner while capturing their interest. They'll also let you know when you're boorrinnggg.
Jesus said to enter the kingdom we must be like the little children. This thought comes to mind as I recall back to what it was like when I was in children's church and my mental state back then. It wasn't clouded with all the junk and preoccupations that are in my mind now. How good it is to know that we can focus on Him, forget about everything else, stop worrying, and just be like a little child towards Him.

No comments: